WeMake-Lobot v2.4 translation and derivative projects

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Posted at 2018-6-15 05:08:09 | All floors |Read mode
Last edited by pcgaldo In 2018-6-15 05:09 Editor

Hello,
I purchased a qBot recently and would like to develop a project to use in elementary schools in my country, traducing the software and the documentation to several languages.
I would like to know where I can find the WeMake-Lobot v2.4 source code. As it is a derivative from Scratch 2.0, which is licensed under the GPLv2 license, you are required to publish the software under the terms of this license, but I can not find it anywhere.

I would also like to know under what terms I can use the documentation and the mobile apps that you have published. I am interested only in non-commercial uses.

Thank you very much for your attention. Best regards.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Posted at 2018-6-18 06:52:48 | All floors
Last edited by pcgaldo In 2018-6-18 06:58 Editor

Hello again.

You are refusing, by e-mail, to give me access the code but should not refuse to give it to whoever asks for it. In fact, the mere fact of not publishing the derivative code and not accompanying the software with a notice about the license means a violation of the license terms of Scratch 2.0.

https://github.com/LLK/scratch-flash/blob/develop/COPYING

Many people have collaborated in the development of Scratch and have decided to do it free as in freedom.

You must maintain this spirit of freedom and, in fact, have the obligation to do so, since you are distributing derivative sofware worldwide.

Your attitude supposes the illegitimate usurpation of the work of the Scratch developers.

If you want to deprive others of access to code, you should develop software from scratch, with a proprietary privative license. Although surely this would not be any advantage for you.

If you have a good product, with good prices and good distribution channels, using Free Software and involving the community would be facilitating innovation and opening the world to arduous tasks, such as translation.

Please, reflect, because you are not doing things right.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

administrator

Credits
Posted at 2018-6-19 17:17:06 | All floors
pcgaldo Posted at 2018-6-18 06:52
Hello again.

You are refusing, by e-mail, to give me access the code but should not refuse to give  ...

At the stage the software have some bugs, we need to take time to fix them, so we can't give you the resource code now, and we will release its code when the software is perfect.We'll let you know when it's released, thank you for your patience.

Use props Report

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list